This page was exported from Caledon Citizen
Export date: Sun Feb 18 1:35:48 2018 / +0000 GMT
The Brampton Flight Centre (BFC) and Great War Flying Museum (GWFM) will swing open their doors to host the annual Airport Day this Sunday (Sept. 10).
It will run from 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. at the Brampton-Caledon Airport on McLaughlin Road, just south of King Street.
This popular event brings together Canada's rich aviation history and the Caledon community in a day of enjoyment and education. Caledon Mayor Allan Thompson will take part in this year's event, which will include:
• Canadian aviation history coming to life as visitors walk through the Great War Flying Museum, a charitable organization and the only museum of its kind in Canada, with its magnificent array of priceless combat aircraft and memorabilia;
• Hourly fly-bys and military re-enactments of First World War replica fighter biplanes and triplanes, starting at 11 a.m.;
• BFC airport tours — walking and hay wagon rides;
• Information about professional flight-training programs and camps for kids;
• Redbird simulator, classic and antique aircraft;
• Demonstrations on how to build or restore airplanes from the Recreational Aircraft Association;
• Cadets from the 892 Snowy Owl Air Cadet Squadron;
• Plane rides over Caledon's spectacular scenery;
• A barbecue and live entertainment.
Everyone is welcome, with special activities for kids such as face painting, trackless train rides, balloon animal making and live birds of prey. Wonder woman will also make a special appearance at this year's open house.
Admission is $5 per person or $20 per family. Proceeds will go toward GWFM.
To learn about BFC, visit www.bramptonflightcentre.com or call 905-838-1400, ext. 333. For more information about GWFM, visit www.greatwarflyingmuseum.com
BFC is owned and operated by the Brampton Flying Club, a not-for-profit organization. The Club was formed in 1946 and relocated to Caledon in 1969. The Flight Centre is an internationally recognized flight-training school and produces many of Canada's top pilots.
Post date: 2017-09-06 15:39:43
Post date GMT: 2017-09-06 19:39:43
Post modified date: 2017-09-12 10:02:58
Post modified date GMT: 2017-09-12 14:02:58
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team www.gVectors.com