This page was exported from Caledon Citizen
Export date: Tue Jun 19 6:53:59 2018 / +0000 GMT
Officers from Caledon OPP were dispatched to a collision between a cyclist and a motorist at the southbound exit of Highway 10 and Valleywood Boulevard Aug. 15.
The incident took place at about 4:40 p.m. The collision involved a 13-year old male cyclist and a grey 2010 Toyota. As a result, the young cyclist was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
Police remind cyclists of some safety tips.
• When riding a bicycle, always wear a helmet. By law, every cyclist younger than 18 must wear an approved helmet.
• Before going out for a ride, make sure the brakes on the bike are working properly.
• Under the Highway Traffic Act, a bike must have a bell or horn in working order.
• Bikes can be ridden on most roads, but when crossing over a pedestrian cross-over, the bike must be walked across.
• Make sure to use proper hand signals to notify motorists of intentions.
•A cyclist must obey the rules of the road and share the road with other vehicles.
• Remember, cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists when riding on the road.
Post date: 2017-09-01 09:51:40
Post date GMT: 2017-09-01 13:51:40
Post modified date: 2017-09-01 09:51:40
Post modified date GMT: 2017-09-01 13:51:40
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team www.gVectors.com